Skip to main content

Production Set Up ( Social Management)


     So I have now move on to the Entertainment section creations with my partner Ronneka. I decided the best way to split the work would be to consult one another in each activity. In doing so, she created the postcard while I would be in charge of our social media platforms. I plan to create a Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account for this film. While she created the postcard I ensured that the cards and sites all had proper imaging for the film as to ensure that she had all of the necessary requirements in each platform.

     I picked random days for posting on the accounts. We originally talked about her doing the filming while I did the editing simply because she was busy and I saw that this was something that we both could manage on our own as long we communicated and kept in contact with one another for the dates and deadlines of film production times. In the process of deciding who would do what I was already working towards a main page picture that would be used as the cover of our film. I created two of them one being the words of the film in a generic font while using a double exposure setting to create and illusive image with a different colored background behind it. I also did some editing on a reel off of Instagram to help draw attention to the socials. It definitely assisted in bringing in more viewers by adding the song heaven by Beyoncé with a photo of a mother holding her child. 

    I checked in with Ronneka to ensure that it was okay to use these images and received one of them from her. The one given to me by her I used in the videos and reels I created in the social aspects. The other image I created with a double exposure I used as the background picture for our twitter page, Facebook organization and Instagram film producer page. I would create reels when we set dates for the film to be released into the public. I used a broken plate image in the double exposure to add dramatics into the film  to help determine what genre this film would be.

     I used these little details as a way to hint at things that would be shown in the short film. Most of the exaggeration came from the font types I would use for the captions and headings in story post and reels. The fonts mainly looked as if it was Algerian or bubble lettered. I added sparkles and emojis to help bring more attention to the bottom of our post. It was definitely a lot of going back and forward with he different font styles but I believe it was worth it after seeing how the Instagram and twitter page came together in the end. Overall, the social management process is going well and i am enjoying every moment of this process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning: Storyboard "Dear Mother"

A dysfunctional mother-daughter relationship is the subject of our short film. The first shot of the first scene is of the outside of a house, which sets the tone for Roxy and Ms. Jackie's home. The shot then moves on to the interior of the house. Roxy is shouted at by her mother about housework in the next scene, which is more focused on the performers' relationships. There is a close-up of food on the floor, which Roxy must clean up as part of her tasks. This scene shows her and her mother going back and forth. Her mother then goes to the bathroom in the next scene. Roxy receives a phone call from a friend, prompting Roxy to see her pal. The short film moves on to the next scene.This takes place in Emma's house, which is a friend of hers. They're in Emma's room, discussing Roxy's mother's treatment of her. The entire time they are chatting, this sequence is shot in two shots. Roxy receives a call from her mother, and her eyes begin to water. Emma's mot...

Short Film Research: ( Migrants/ Drama)

       This short film was 8 minutes long and the plot was pretty easy to figure out basically there were polar bears being pushed out of their home lands due to global warming and exiled from brown bear territory being left to fend for themselves on the ocean. In the beginning of the short there was a climax point where the baby polar bear fell of the ice and into the water from the ice breaking and the mother jumps after the baby. This was a great way to start the film it immediately introduce the drama factor that a film should have lots of heart racing and anticipating moments. There was a conflict with the polar bears and the brown bears over food and the was another great way to help deliver a message. Although it is animated the film didn't use and real dialogue just animal noises such as grunts and snorts and well as instrumental music in the background.     It reminds me of how lonely many of us are. It can be interpreted as a political manifesto, ...

Research: How to Make a Short Film

     This educational video gave me a better understanding of how to make our own movies. While viewing, I discovered that there were some topics I already understood, such as when they were discussing film making. However, the "How to Make a Short Film" video provided me with a wealth of new information that will aid me in the production of our short film. This video includes production and post-production advice from a film specialist. One point that stood out to me was when the expert said not to do it if you can't pull it off. Another suggestion is to play with the audience's emotions and minds. The expert emphasizes that it is either all or nothing, and that nothing should be done halfheartedly. This reminds me of the phrase "Go large or go home," which means "Go big or go home."      The film expert explanation reminded me of this statement because it indicates it's all or nothing. Adding needless elements to a scene because they appear t...