Skip to main content

Title Research: Art of the Title Website


 Today we start working on what kind of designs and techniques we would like to use to insert our title sequences into our film opening. Once we decided to do a drama film understanding the art of title sequences was the next important area of focus. This lead us to an agreement that we should know which ones would be best suitable for a drama film before it even comes close to the time to edit. So this began our search for the perfect title sequence styles. Seeing as it would be weird and unaesthetically pleasing to use horror themed art titles in a drama film; we are just researching what would be the best way to style and organize our opening titles. We decided to use a website called "Art of the Title'. This website, while browsing through it I managed to find some really pretty theme styles for drama films. This website provided many examples that would be appropriate. It showed us the different fonts and ways to input them into our film creatively and selectively. When I first began searching through this sight I saw the first title sequences to a film opening sequence called "Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?". I am not sure what that is about but I do know that was the first thing to show up on the site. A little confused as to why that was first to pop up I simply disregarded it and continued to the search bar to type in Drama films. This search lead to the billions of sequence title styles that people could use such as my team and I specifically for drama films. I saw a few that caught my attention that I feel would best suit the pitch of our film. Now when I first saw the styles I thought that the names that showed the different font styles in the titles were the font type names however, these were the names of different kind of drama films that the site had to offer. When you clicked on one it showed you how the directors' choose to organize and style the titles in the movies. The style I could relate to the most for our film was from a film called "Herbst" the reason this one caught my attention was because the aesthetics were relatable. I could imagine scenes in our film being created while the titles ran through the scenes in a nice and elegant pastel pink coloring font style. I imagined a scene where two character could be running through a grassy field with the titles going across the grass behind them in a soft complementary color as it slowly drifts away. This website brought such a vivid imagery and visual to what our titles could truly become with the right tools and guidelines. These styles gave so much sensory detail with just the setup of the title sequences. You could tell anyone around you about how the scene could smell or how the air could feel to the tender touch of the two characters holding hands. The website showed such sensitized and beautifully detailed title sequences. No matter what film it was applied to seeing as they all are specialized films of drama. This website is perfect for brainstorming and getting some inspirational ideas on how to move forward for our title sequences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production blog: Multiple Exposure discovery

    So its been a while since the last update and things haven't gotten very far but there are some positives that have happened. We were able to pick a location that satisfied most of our needs with out the hassle of needing permission to film and be on park grounds. We thought to see if we could find more actors but it was harder than expected. Seeing as everyone would have to have their own transportation and our filming would have to fit into someone else schedule. This made it harder on us but we kept searching.       So we had someone but the plans ended up changing when that person was no longer available. We understood that sometimes circumstances change. So, now we are all just planning a day to set up and film. This consist of making sure we have the camera set and all phones charged. Also having battery packs for the camera ready.       We definitely can't forget mask for covid-19 protection. An lastly, its key to having a first aid kit on deck for the day to come an

Commercial Blog: Nike Vs. Under Amour Grand Finale

 I thought I would be fine using the Nikkon D3200 camera as this laptop has an SD card slot but the problem I had was that my SD card didn't fit in the slot. During my editing is when I realize that I have another clothing brand appearing in the finished ad. So I took the opportunity the next day to tweak the film so that it finally shows the images of both brands in one to let others know that this is a collaborative promotion. The reason is that it allows a certain message to be shown in the ad. So from my imagination I was able to sum up a few last-minute moments and since one of the actors doesn't own anything from the Nike brand I made a little tweak to allow two different brands to co-exist in my ad.       The two brands I choose are Nike and Under Amour. I would leave it alone if I don't see the logo but I can recognize it on one of my actor's shirts while editing. I plan to dub or add music to the ad to make it fun while the ad continues. Each actor put in a lot

Genre Research: Romance & Drama

Romance is defined by intimate relationships. In some cases, there may be a twist but at the end the main point in films is about the pursuit of love. Romance is not only its own genre but can also be seen in other genres such as thriller, Comedy, Drama, etc. Common lighting usually seen in romance includes high key lighting in which makes the seen more cheerful due to the brightness and warm colored lighting to create an inviting and mellow mood. A close up shot is an example of camera angles that are seen in films.  It allows the audience to examine the characters face to see their feelings and emotions. Another common camera angle seen in romance films are over the shoulder shots. It captures the face expressions and body language. Common sounds heard in romance movies are usually diegetic and non diegetic. For example, a musical that has romance incorporated into it includes singing and it helps exaggerate the feelings the characters may have.  Sometimes there may be a sound played