Skip to main content

CCR: Music Video Discussions




 Many people find it hard to believe that things like bullying, abuse and depression exist so this video it used to help open up the minds that don’t believe while still helping those in need but providing  situations that happen and showing events that may have to people in real life from being abused in their own home to being bullied at a park and suffering in silence. Social groups that this applies to come in different forms you’ll never know who is going through it unless they show signs and you genuinely pay attention to them

for a choice in location we used a park. It refers to people who live their daily lives and the park is 
popular place that many people choose to gto, so we chose this place and in 
selecting the park it provided us with numerous setting choices 
in the area to shoot at, such as the restroom, pathway, bench, etc
As a team we wanted people to be aware of how this can affect our everyday lifestyle. Our goal was to bring attention to how the negativity that goes on around us and how it can drive people to do harmful and dangerous things to themselves as well as others around them.

Our brand is present on social media such as YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc. But those are outlets that many individuals, especially teenagers, use. While suicide is something anyone can try to do in adolescents, suicide thoughts are more prevalent. One of the strongest ways to spread awareness and support our name is by using social media. It can be seen as a YouTube commercial to attract the attention of viewers and can be seen on Snapchat posts.


my production skills were enhanced through the editing of the film considering that I knew how to work the camera I mainly ensured my teammates knew how to use it properly. Meanwhile they helped me understand the art of iMovie software that is used to edit our film. I always had a problem with using my SD car on computer because there is never a slot to stick in in or it is to small but while editing I was taught that you could also by a converter from the stores and that can be used in place of the slot as well as understand that have a cord to transfer things from the camera to the laptop directly is possible. Editing was a process that involved a lot of focus and precision Rohanna's diligence in  getting in done and exceptionally at that taught me a lot when it comes to editing. 



In the beginning  I used to edit my scenes in a application already on my laptop and email it to myself to use Lomotif or video day to edit the rest on my phone , however for this project, we used  the Nikon D7000 camera that belongs to me. Since they didn’t know how to use it I taught them how before allowing the rest to use it. For editing, an application called iMovie was used. I've never used iMovie, I didn’t know how to transfer the shots we took that was in the SD card to the application. I learned how to do it from the editor on our team Rohanna and I would say that this is something I could definitely get use to it’s a lot easier and everything is all there so you don’t have to switch between different apps to edit the clips and videos. We were even able to sync the music there. In the words of our editor Rohanna , “ IMovie was an extremely useful editing software I learned to use. Some of the tools such as the split clip option allowed me to create the best version of the music video. Secondly, other tools I've used, such as the filter and music audio file allowed me to put together the music video overall. We recorded all of the clips using a high quality camera, and we made it out so it could be the best quality it could be. Usually music videos are made with high tech cameras, but I can say we've definitely made it work.” She definitely gave a detail explanation on how the editing software works and this is her explain to on to teaching me personally how to use this new editing app. I’m not sure how long the app has been around but I now I know that this is a tool that is not only efficient to use but very effective in adding spices to any films I make in the future of editing. 

 I genuinely have had a great time making this film and want to give props to these girls for helping me create such an amazing masterpiece!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production blog: Multiple Exposure discovery

    So its been a while since the last update and things haven't gotten very far but there are some positives that have happened. We were able to pick a location that satisfied most of our needs with out the hassle of needing permission to film and be on park grounds. We thought to see if we could find more actors but it was harder than expected. Seeing as everyone would have to have their own transportation and our filming would have to fit into someone else schedule. This made it harder on us but we kept searching.       So we had someone but the plans ended up changing when that person was no longer available. We understood that sometimes circumstances change. So, now we are all just planning a day to set up and film. This consist of making sure we have the camera set and all phones charged. Also having battery packs for the camera ready.       We definitely can't forget mask for covid-19 protection. An lastly, its key to having a first aid kit on deck for the day to come an

Commercial Blog: Nike Vs. Under Amour Grand Finale

 I thought I would be fine using the Nikkon D3200 camera as this laptop has an SD card slot but the problem I had was that my SD card didn't fit in the slot. During my editing is when I realize that I have another clothing brand appearing in the finished ad. So I took the opportunity the next day to tweak the film so that it finally shows the images of both brands in one to let others know that this is a collaborative promotion. The reason is that it allows a certain message to be shown in the ad. So from my imagination I was able to sum up a few last-minute moments and since one of the actors doesn't own anything from the Nike brand I made a little tweak to allow two different brands to co-exist in my ad.       The two brands I choose are Nike and Under Amour. I would leave it alone if I don't see the logo but I can recognize it on one of my actor's shirts while editing. I plan to dub or add music to the ad to make it fun while the ad continues. Each actor put in a lot

Genre Research: Romance & Drama

Romance is defined by intimate relationships. In some cases, there may be a twist but at the end the main point in films is about the pursuit of love. Romance is not only its own genre but can also be seen in other genres such as thriller, Comedy, Drama, etc. Common lighting usually seen in romance includes high key lighting in which makes the seen more cheerful due to the brightness and warm colored lighting to create an inviting and mellow mood. A close up shot is an example of camera angles that are seen in films.  It allows the audience to examine the characters face to see their feelings and emotions. Another common camera angle seen in romance films are over the shoulder shots. It captures the face expressions and body language. Common sounds heard in romance movies are usually diegetic and non diegetic. For example, a musical that has romance incorporated into it includes singing and it helps exaggerate the feelings the characters may have.  Sometimes there may be a sound played