Skip to main content

Filming: Actors #1 & 2


 So during the whole filming process after we decided who would be doing what, it was decided that Nishayla  and I would be the main characters to deliver the effects of the message implied I filmed a part of the scenes which is when the other two group members Rohanna and Idline played the part of the bully for Nishayla Actor #1. During that scene I wasn’t in the film because I had to film that specific scene while we put to get her the set and scene. 

My job was to make sure that Nishayla was set in place while Idline and Rohanna waiting for my call to start the scene. I gave ideas on how to show that bullying was taking place and it ended with the idea that the bag was to be gone through as as an invasion of privacy and tossed everywhere were the contents in the bag while leaving actor #1 to pick up her belongings or what remains of them on her own while she sits there sad and lonely. This gives off her signs of having depression and suicidal thoughts.

The camera used was a Nikon D7000 we used two separate lenses to film I used my SD card to save the takes we all took on my camera and allowed Rohanna the designated editor to take it home to edit. Meanwhile they set the stage and added makeup to my arm for the other scene where I was the 'popular girl how appeared to be super happy on social media and at school but in actuality was abused at home and had bruises on her forearm to prove it. The shot was intended to be a close up while using makeup to represent the bruises. This was the part that Idline filmed as Rohanna  managed our timing behind the camera to make sure that the scenes coincided and flowed smoothly together. I began to walk toward the water where actor 1 was  where we would meet to close out the scene.

 My input for planning for the day of was where I suggested we relocate when our original park was said to be closed. We decided to relocate to a similar park that I had on stand by just incase this happened. We did our part there and had to modify some scenes. So I took a walk around the park with actor 1 Nishayla so we could have ideas of how to modify the scenes while we waiting for our other two group members to show up. Things went successfully and we were able to get everything we needed all in one day so there was no need for an extra day it was all accomplished before thanksgiving and completed with no need for reshoots at a later time in the week. This was a great and very fun experience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production blog: Multiple Exposure discovery

    So its been a while since the last update and things haven't gotten very far but there are some positives that have happened. We were able to pick a location that satisfied most of our needs with out the hassle of needing permission to film and be on park grounds. We thought to see if we could find more actors but it was harder than expected. Seeing as everyone would have to have their own transportation and our filming would have to fit into someone else schedule. This made it harder on us but we kept searching.       So we had someone but the plans ended up changing when that person was no longer available. We understood that sometimes circumstances change. So, now we are all just planning a day to set up and film. This consist of making sure we have the camera set and all phones charged. Also having battery packs for the camera ready.       We definitely can't forget mask for covid-19 protection. An lastly, its key to having a first aid kit on deck for the day to come an

Commercial Blog: Nike Vs. Under Amour Grand Finale

 I thought I would be fine using the Nikkon D3200 camera as this laptop has an SD card slot but the problem I had was that my SD card didn't fit in the slot. During my editing is when I realize that I have another clothing brand appearing in the finished ad. So I took the opportunity the next day to tweak the film so that it finally shows the images of both brands in one to let others know that this is a collaborative promotion. The reason is that it allows a certain message to be shown in the ad. So from my imagination I was able to sum up a few last-minute moments and since one of the actors doesn't own anything from the Nike brand I made a little tweak to allow two different brands to co-exist in my ad.       The two brands I choose are Nike and Under Amour. I would leave it alone if I don't see the logo but I can recognize it on one of my actor's shirts while editing. I plan to dub or add music to the ad to make it fun while the ad continues. Each actor put in a lot

Genre Research: Romance & Drama

Romance is defined by intimate relationships. In some cases, there may be a twist but at the end the main point in films is about the pursuit of love. Romance is not only its own genre but can also be seen in other genres such as thriller, Comedy, Drama, etc. Common lighting usually seen in romance includes high key lighting in which makes the seen more cheerful due to the brightness and warm colored lighting to create an inviting and mellow mood. A close up shot is an example of camera angles that are seen in films.  It allows the audience to examine the characters face to see their feelings and emotions. Another common camera angle seen in romance films are over the shoulder shots. It captures the face expressions and body language. Common sounds heard in romance movies are usually diegetic and non diegetic. For example, a musical that has romance incorporated into it includes singing and it helps exaggerate the feelings the characters may have.  Sometimes there may be a sound played