Skip to main content

Intro Blog: All About Me

     Hi my name is Ciaya but you can call me Cici its the nickname I use since others have a hard time pronouncing my actual name. I am taking media studies because I took a AICE photography class last year and it was something that sparked my interest but it became harder to meet the requirements of that class for me so I wanted to try again this year with a course that everyone I asked said was a easier version of that class. I also have a soft spot for movies and taking pictures so I figured this would be the perfect class for me to enjoy. In my free time I enjoy reading, going to the beach, making collages and listening to music. I am an 11th grader at Fort Lauderdale high school and I play basketball for the schools team and I swim on a community swim team. 

    I have been swimming since I was able to walk since my dad was a lifeguard. I also started playing basketball in the 8th grade and have been playing ever since. I have two dogs (Popo & Cooper) and a cat named Tai lung. My favorite colors are green purple and black. I am not a picky eater but I can't bring myself to eat sushi, pork, asparagus, squash, Brussel sprouts and zucchini. My favorite number is 13; I know everyone says it an unlucky number but I am a unlucky person so I feel like the number suits me. I am deathly afraid of being unhealthy so I try to work out and stay as healthy as possible. My favorite fruit is strawberries. I enjoy movies like reel steel and transformers but I just recently started getting back into anime shows and my favorite one is a show called hunterxhunter. 

    I am a leader for an all girls Christian club at my school and I know it may sound funny but its is very fun it is the perfect way for girls of all kinds Christian or not to come and have fun and bond with other girls of all different ages at our school its like a safe haven for all girls. Bloom is a judgment free zone and it really brings out the best in all of us. I have built bonds there that I never thought I would in that place and now I have been given the privilege to become a leader and help others build bonds like my friends and I have and much more. 

    I want to be a marine biologist but I plan to start a career in culinary arts as well because I know its a fun skill set that I will have by the end of high school thanks to the schools electives programs in culinary arts. I love going to Fort Lauderdale it has shown me more opportunities than many of my friends at other schools haven't seen. I have been set up to succeed in the future and even though things are challenging this school shows me that there are some great teachers and staff administrator's that are willing to help me get through high school in one piece. 

    My biggest accomplishment in my opinion was learning how to drive and getting my learner's permit and since then I have been able to go where ever I want as long as mom gives me the okay. This allowed me to go a fitness program and company called herbal life and this place is in the process of helping me get my body back in shape from the quarantine weight I have gained. I love animals I feel as though I bond better with them than I do other people while is also part of the reason I choose the working field I did. 

    Quarantine has given me time to pick up some other useful skills such as training my hair and learning how to manage it so that I will be able to style it the way I want without loosing my curls and damaging it. I have also taken time out to plan ahead for my future and figure out how I will be able to stand on my own feet when it is time for me to leave the nest and go out on my own. It honestly scared me but I eventually was able to stop overthinking and realize that its going to happen one way or another because of course mom will not always be here. Anyway this was just a insight on my life but that's all for now. 

   - This is Ciaya Cook singing off for the night.

                        (Tai)                                          (A picture I took from the AICE Photography class)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production blog: Multiple Exposure discovery

    So its been a while since the last update and things haven't gotten very far but there are some positives that have happened. We were able to pick a location that satisfied most of our needs with out the hassle of needing permission to film and be on park grounds. We thought to see if we could find more actors but it was harder than expected. Seeing as everyone would have to have their own transportation and our filming would have to fit into someone else schedule. This made it harder on us but we kept searching.       So we had someone but the plans ended up changing when that person was no longer available. We understood that sometimes circumstances change. So, now we are all just planning a day to set up and film. This consist of making sure we have the camera set and all phones charged. Also having battery packs for the camera ready.       We definitely can't forget mask for covid-19 protection. An lastly, its key to having a first aid kit on deck for the day to come an

Commercial Blog: Nike Vs. Under Amour Grand Finale

 I thought I would be fine using the Nikkon D3200 camera as this laptop has an SD card slot but the problem I had was that my SD card didn't fit in the slot. During my editing is when I realize that I have another clothing brand appearing in the finished ad. So I took the opportunity the next day to tweak the film so that it finally shows the images of both brands in one to let others know that this is a collaborative promotion. The reason is that it allows a certain message to be shown in the ad. So from my imagination I was able to sum up a few last-minute moments and since one of the actors doesn't own anything from the Nike brand I made a little tweak to allow two different brands to co-exist in my ad.       The two brands I choose are Nike and Under Amour. I would leave it alone if I don't see the logo but I can recognize it on one of my actor's shirts while editing. I plan to dub or add music to the ad to make it fun while the ad continues. Each actor put in a lot

Genre Research: Romance & Drama

Romance is defined by intimate relationships. In some cases, there may be a twist but at the end the main point in films is about the pursuit of love. Romance is not only its own genre but can also be seen in other genres such as thriller, Comedy, Drama, etc. Common lighting usually seen in romance includes high key lighting in which makes the seen more cheerful due to the brightness and warm colored lighting to create an inviting and mellow mood. A close up shot is an example of camera angles that are seen in films.  It allows the audience to examine the characters face to see their feelings and emotions. Another common camera angle seen in romance films are over the shoulder shots. It captures the face expressions and body language. Common sounds heard in romance movies are usually diegetic and non diegetic. For example, a musical that has romance incorporated into it includes singing and it helps exaggerate the feelings the characters may have.  Sometimes there may be a sound played